Several of the social media communities I’m involved with are just starting to dip their toes into classical internet marketing…
A fundamental component for making money online with internet marketing is list building. The saying that “the money is in the list” is incredibly true!
(Technically the money is in your relationship with your list, but that’s a different story!)
If you’re still not sure about this whole list building thing, or why it can be an important part of monetizing online, I advice you to reevaluate your online lead generation & money making strategies.
With that said, let’s discuss Solo Ads and Ad Swaps.
What Are Solo Ads and Ad Swaps?
In super basic terms, a “Solo Ad” is when you (generally) pay someone to mail THEIR email list, on your behalf, with a recommendation and link to your free optin offer squeeze page.
An “Ad Swap” is the same idea only two people do it in exchange with each other to help each other out. (If one has a much larger list than the other, the one with the smaller list may need to mail twice, to send a fair amount of traffic.)
These two are basically the same, except that one is paying with an exchange and the other is paying with cash.
This type of advertising takes advantage of the relationship a marketer has with their list… That their list KLT’s (knows, likes and trusts) them… to get some optins for the other person.
This can be an incredibly powerful form of list building although there are a lot of variables that go into how good the results will be.
What Is Needed To Participate In Ad Swaps?
To start with, before you can do ANYTHING you have to have a few things in place….
1. Hosting – your squeeze/optin page has to be hosted somewhere on the internet
2. Autoresponder – this service allows you to capture a list and get good deliverability when you later send emails to them
3. A “Ethical Bribe” – this is the freebie you are exchanging with the visitor for his/her name and email address. Can be your own product/ebook or a PLR you have giveaway rights too.
4. A squeeze page (aka optin page) for the other person to send traffic to for you.
1. Money to pay for a Solo Ad.
2. An existing double optin list you have a good relationship with to be able to mail an ad for the other person. (If the other person has a larger list than you do, you may also need to leverage your ability to promote to your twitter followers/etc although these are technically not a list.)
Where to Find Ad Swaps and Solo Ads?
There are a number of places in the internet marketing world online that one can find potential people to do business with. The Warrior Forum often has lots of people either looking for/ offering ad swaps, or selling Solo Ads. Definitely be careful in there as you MUST find someone that has a good reputation or you could end up out some money.
However the you can located some great quality solo ad sellers on the Warrior Forum, there is a better and safer way do this this transaction… It’s a community called Safe-Swaps.com. I may not be free like the Warrior Forum but it is definitely without a doubt the safest and the most effective when it comes to making a transaction and getting the most bang for your buck.
To Your Success,
Want To Be Notified On New Posts?
Become an Insider, and see for yourself!