LinkedIn should be part of your social media marketing platform, if it is not already. Let’s take a look at these four tips to help you use LinkedIn to generate new leads for your business.
1. Set up a LinkedIn account and integrate it into your marketing. Whenever you publish a new blog post, a press release, go to an event or do anything else with your business that you make public on a regular basis, post it on your LinkedIn profile. There are new apps that make it easier for you to locate other LinkedIn members in your area.
Posting on LinkedIn also helps keep your connections in the loop as to what you are doing with your business. If you are creating and publishing valuable content, then it helps draw them in even more.
2. Engage with your connections consistently. While you are posting regular content on your LinkedIn profile, go ahead and check out what your connections are doing. This is not the time to sell them, this is the time to connect and build business relationships with them. Comment on their posts, spend a few minutes reading their blogs and take part in their discussions. Endorse them for skills. Before you know it, they will be doing the same thing for you.
3. Use LinkedIn ads. LinkedIn has a paid advertising program to boost your profile. This is similar to Google Ads, Facebook PPC and other programs. The best benefit about LinkedIn ads is that it is laser-focused. LinkedIn users have more detailed demographic and business information, so ads can be more targeted towards them. This is one of the fastest ways to build connections and leads.
4. Create or participate in a LinkedIn group. LinkedIn’s groups are powerful marketing tools. There are thousands of them that are targeted for a specific business or purpose.
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of LinkedIn groups:
- Don’t spam. Spamming is posting unwanted ads. It is unprofessional and makes your business look bad.
- Post helpful, useful information. Sometimes, you can post your blog posts in the group and start a discussion around them. Be sure to post relevant posts in a group that allows posts.
- Don’t flame. Ignore unprofessional or rude people. Report them and have them banned. The good news is that due to the higher income levels and degrees of professionalism on LinkedIn, this problems is much more rare than on other social media platforms.
LinkedIn is a great place to network with other professionals. When businesses engage in a professional, helpful way, they enjoy success with other business people. Set up a LinkedIn account and create a marketing plan. It can really help you skyrocket your leads.
To your success,
Want To Be Notified On New Posts?
Become an Insider, and see for yourself!